COMPLETE FATTY ACID PROFILE
Optimal fatty acid levels including omega-3,
omega-6 and trans fatty acids are correlated
with improved metabolism, greater longevity,
lower disease risks, and great benefits for
The Omega-3 Index is the result of Dr. William Harris’s 30 years of research in fatty acids and cardiovascular disease. The Omega-3 Index is a measure of omega-3 fatty acids, EPA+DHA, in red blood cells, which relates to risk for heart disease.
Trans fat levels in your blood are directly linked to how much trans fat you eat. Levels of trans fats in the food supply are constantly changing so it difficult to know how much you are eating.
An easy-to-do home collection bloodspot test for:
Full Fatty Acid Profile, Omega-3 Index, Omega-6/Omega-3 Ratio, Trans Fats Index & AA/EPA Ratio
WHY MEASURE YOUR OMEGA-3 AND TRANS FATS INDEX?
- Omega-3s are important for heart, brain, joint health and metabolism.
- High levels of trans fats are related to increased risk for heart disease.
- Most people have low levels of omega-3s in their blood associated with poor metabolism, increased risk for fatal heart attack, depression, and possibly dementia.
- Trans fats in your blood come from trans fats in food – many people have high levels of trans fats in their blood.
- Blood levels of omega-3s and trans fats can be improved by simple dietary changes.
- The only way to know your blood level of omega-3s or trans fats is by measuring it, with the Omega-3 Index and Trans Fat Index.
WHY OUR TEST?
Over 1,000,000 people have measured their Omega-3 Index and it has been used in large NIH-funded population studies. It uses novel “dried blood spot” technology, and is simple and safe: Only needs 1 drop of blood! Send your collected dried blood spot sample through regular mail and receive results via email – hassle free!